Yellow eye beans are a type of dried bean that is native to the Americas. They are a bit larger than pinto beans and have a creamy, yellow color. Yellow eye beans are a good source of protein and fiber, and they are also a very versatile bean. They can be cooked in a variety of ways, and they can be used in a variety of dishes.
In this recipe, I’m going to show you how to cook yellow eye beans in the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot is a great way to cook beans because it cooks them quickly and evenly. This recipe is also very easy to follow, and it only takes about 30 minutes to make.
Yellow Eye Beans in the Instant PotCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
Yellow eye beans have been cultivated in the Americas for centuries. They were a staple food for many Native American tribes, and they were also popular among early European settlers. Yellow eye beans were often used in soups, stews, and chili.
Yellow eye beans are a delicious and versatile bean that can be cooked in a variety of ways. They are a good source of protein and fiber, and they are also a very affordable bean. Yellow eye beans have a creamy, yellow color and a mild flavor. They are a good choice for soups, stews, chili, and salads.
1 pound dried yellow eye beans
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 cups water
- Rinse the yellow eye beans in cold water.
- Add the beans, salt, pepper, and water to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure and cook for 30 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Fluff the beans with a fork and serve.
- For a more flavorful dish, you can soak the beans overnight before cooking.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can cook the beans in a Dutch oven or pressure cooker.
- To make the beans even more flavorful, add a teaspoon of brown sugar or molasses.
- Serve the beans with your favorite sides, such as cornbread, rolls, or vegetables.
Here are some additional tips from Foodie Mike:
- If you want to make the beans even more flavorful, you can add a ham hock or bacon to the pot when you cook them.
- If you don’t have 6 cups of water, you can use a combination of water and broth.
- To make the beans ahead of time, cook them according to the instructions, then let them cool completely. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to serve, reheat the beans in the Instant Pot or on the stovetop.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Instant Pot Yellow Eye Beans!