Sushi Salmon BakeCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
Sushi salmon bake is a delicious and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal or a party. The salmon is baked in a flavorful sauce and then topped with rice, mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, green onions, and furikake seasoning. The dish is then baked until heated through. Sushi salmon bake is a great way to use up leftover salmon or to make a quick and easy meal.
1 pound salmon fillet, skinless and boneless
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup sushi rice, cooked
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sriracha sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup furikake seasoning
Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the salmon is baking, combine the rice, mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, green onions, and furikake seasoning in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and flake it with a fork.
- Spread the rice mixture over the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with the salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve hot.
- You can also use other types of fish, such as tuna, cod, or halibut.
- If you don’t have furikake seasoning, you can substitute sesame seeds or a mixture of sesame seeds and chopped nuts.
- Sushi salmon bake is delicious served with a side of salad or vegetables.