Quinoa has been a staple food in South America for centuries. It is a gluten-free grain that is high in protein and fiber. Quinoa oatmeal is a delicious and nutritious breakfast option that is easy to make at home.
Quinoa OatmealCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Quinoa oatmeal is a creamy and satisfying breakfast dish that is perfect for a busy morning. The quinoa is cooked in milk until it is soft and fluffy. The oatmeal is then flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Toppings can be added to taste, such as fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, honey, or maple syrup.
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk of choice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
Toppings of choice (see below)
- Combine the quinoa, water, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked through and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- For a richer flavor, use whole milk.
- To make this dish ahead of time, cook the quinoa and milk according to the instructions. Then, let the oatmeal cool completely and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. In the morning, simply reheat the oatmeal and add your favorite toppings.