Polish kielbasa originated in Poland. It is a popular sausage in Poland and it is often used in Polish cuisine. Polish kielbasa can be found in most grocery stores in the United States.
Polish KielbasaCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
Polish kielbasa is a type of sausage that is made with pork, beef, spices, and caraway seeds. It is typically smoked and has a strong, flavorful taste. Polish kielbasa can be eaten on its own, or it can be used in a variety of dishes, such as soups, stews, and grilled dishes.
1 pound ground pork
1/2 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pork casings, cleaned
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, ground beef, onion, garlic, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the pork casings.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the kielbasa sausages on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot.
- You can make your own sausage casings by mixing together equal parts ground pork and beef.
- If you don’t have a sausage stuffer, you can use a zip-top bag to stuff the kielbasa mixture into the casing.
- To cook kielbasa in a pan, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the kielbasa sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- To cook kielbasa in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the kielbasa sausage on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Polish kielbasa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.