Vanilla tea has been enjoyed for centuries in its native Mexico. The Aztecs used to steep vanilla beans in water to create a refreshing and flavorful drink. Vanilla tea was introduced to Europe in the 16th century, and it quickly became popular. Today, vanilla tea is enjoyed all over the world.
Perfect Vanilla TeaCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Perfect Vanilla Tea is a delicious and refreshing tea that is perfect for any time of day. The vanilla bean adds a rich and complex flavor to the tea, while the black tea provides a stimulating boost. This tea is easy to make and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
1 cup water
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
1 cup black tea, such as Earl Grey
- In a mug, combine the water, vanilla bean, and sugar.
- Bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Steep the vanilla bean for 5 minutes, or until the desired strength is reached.
- Remove the vanilla bean and discard.
- Add the black tea to the mug and steep for 3-5 minutes, or according to the package directions.
- For a stronger vanilla flavor, steep the vanilla bean for a longer period of time.
- To make the tea ahead of time, steep the vanilla bean in the water and then remove it. The tea can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To make the tea more festive, add a few drops of vanilla extract or a slice of vanilla bean to the mug before serving.