Pan Seared ScallopsCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 pound sea scallops, patted dry
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops to the pan, in a single layer, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- If desired, add the butter to the pan and baste the scallops with it for the last minute of cooking.
- Serve immediately.
- Make sure the pan is hot before adding the scallops. This will help them to sear and develop a golden brown crust.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. If you add too many scallops, they will steam instead of sear.
- Don’t move the scallops around in the pan while they are cooking. This will break the crust and prevent them from cooking evenly.
- If you are using butter, add it to the pan after the scallops have been cooking for 1-2 minutes. This will help to prevent the butter from burning.
- Serve the scallops immediately with your favorite sides.