Lingonberry jam is a traditional Scandinavian jam that has been made for centuries. The berries are native to the region and are known for their tart flavor. Lingonberry jam is often served with pancakes, waffles, and other breakfast dishes. It can also be used as a topping for ice cream or yogurt, or as a filling for pastries.
Lingonberry JamCourse: CondimentDifficulty: Easy
Lingonberry jam is a bright red color with a tart, tangy flavor. The texture is smooth and slightly jelly-like. The jam is a great way to enjoy the flavor of lingonberries, and it can be used in a variety of dishes.
Preparation and Cook Times:
The preparation time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, and the cook time is about 15 minutes. The total time to make this recipe is about 30 minutes.
2 cups lingonberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
- Wash the lingonberries and remove any stems.
- In a large saucepan, combine the lingonberries, sugar, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the jam has thickened.
- Remove the jam from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Store the jam in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- For a smoother jam, you can puree the lingonberries before adding them to the saucepan.
- If you want a less tart jam, you can add a little more sugar.
- You can also add other spices to the jam, such as cinnamon, cardamom, or ginger.