French toast is a classic breakfast dish that is made with bread that is soaked in a batter of eggs, milk, and sugar. However, traditional french toast is not keto-friendly, as it is high in carbohydrates. This recipe for keto french toast muffins is a delicious and low-carb alternative that is perfect for those following a keto diet.
Keto French Toast MuffinsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
These keto french toast muffins are soft, fluffy, and flavorful. They are made with a simple batter of eggs, cream cheese, and almond flour, and they are flavored with cinnamon. The muffins are baked until golden brown, and they are perfect for breakfast or a snack.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons allulose granular
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, cream cheese, baking powder, cinnamon, almond flour, allulose, and baking soda. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For a richer flavor, use full-fat cream cheese.
- To make these muffins ahead of time, you can bake them and then freeze them. To reheat, thaw the muffins overnight in the refrigerator and then bake them at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.