Kheer is a type of rice pudding that is popular in India and Pakistan. It is made with rice, milk, sugar, and spices, and it is often served as a dessert or a snack.
Instant Pot KheerCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
This instant pot kheer recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make way to enjoy this traditional Indian dessert. The rice is cooked in the Instant Pot, which makes it quick and easy to prepare. The spices give the kheer a flavorful and aromatic taste.
1 cup basmati rice, rinsed and drained
4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon saffron threads (optional)
- Rinse the rice in a colander until the water runs clear.
- Add the rice, milk, sugar, cardamom, and saffron (if using) to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Stir the kheer until the rice is soft and the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- For the best results, use a high-quality basmati rice.
- If you don’t have saffron, you can use a pinch of ground turmeric instead.
- Be careful not to overcook the kheer, or it will become mushy.
- Serve the kheer with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of pistachios.
Here are some additional details about the recipe:
- The kheer can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The kheer can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To reheat the kheer, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it in a pot on the stovetop or in the microwave.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for instant pot kheer!