How Many People Does a Sheet Cake Feed?
Sheet cakes are a great way to feed a crowd, but how many people can you actually serve with one? The answer depends on a few factors, including the size of the sheet cake, the thickness of the slices, and the appetites of your guests.
A standard half-sheet cake pan (13×18 inches) will produce about 58 servings. If you cut the slices 2 inches thick, each serving will be about 2×2 inches. This is a good size for a snack or dessert, but if you’re looking for something more substantial, you may want to cut the slices a little thicker.
If you have a smaller sheet cake pan (11×17 inches), you’ll get about 30 servings. And if you have a larger sheet cake pan (18×24 inches), you’ll get about 84 servings.
Of course, these are just estimates. The actual number of servings will depend on how you cut the cake and how much your guests eat. If you’re serving a crowd of hungry teenagers, you may want to plan on a few extra servings.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your sheet cake:
- Cut the cake into uniform slices. This will help ensure that everyone gets a fair share.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the cake. This will help prevent the cake from crumbling.
- If you’re not serving the cake right away, store it in an airtight container. This will help keep the cake moist.
With a little planning, you can easily feed a crowd with a sheet cake. So next time you’re hosting a party, don’t forget to bring out the sheet cake!
Here are some additional tips from Foodie Mike:
- If you want to make a sheet cake that is extra special, you can decorate it with frosting, sprinkles, or fresh fruit.
- You can also use a sheet cake to make other desserts, such as trifle or ice cream cake.
- If you have leftovers, you can freeze the cake for later. To thaw the cake, simply let it sit at room temperature for a few hours.
I hope this blog post has helped you answer the question, “How many people does a sheet cake feed?” If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.