Sure, here is a blog article about how long to cook meatballs in the oven, written by Foodie Mike:
How Long to Cook Meatballs in the Oven
Meatballs are a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed on their own or as part of a larger meal. They can be baked, grilled, or fried, but baking is the most popular method.
When baking meatballs, it is important to cook them until they are cooked through. This will ensure that they are safe to eat and that they have a nice, juicy texture.
The cooking time for meatballs will vary depending on their size and the oven temperature. For meatballs that are 1 inch in diameter, you will need to bake them for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For meatballs that are 2 inches in diameter, you will need to bake them for about 30 minutes.
It is important to check the meatballs for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the center of one. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the meatballs are cooked through, you can remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Here are some tips for cooking meatballs in the oven:
- Use a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will help to prevent the meatballs from sticking to the pan.
- Place the meatballs in a single layer on the baking sheet. This will help them to cook evenly.
- Baste the meatballs with a mixture of olive oil, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. This will give them a delicious flavor and help to keep them moist.
- Bake the meatballs until they are cooked through. This will take about 20-30 minutes, depending on their size.
- Serve the meatballs hot with your favorite sauce.
Here are some of my favorite ways to serve meatballs:
- Serve them with a marinara sauce and spaghetti.
- Serve them with a brown gravy and mashed potatoes.
- Serve them with a barbecue sauce and a side of vegetables.
- Serve them as an appetizer with a dipping sauce.
No matter how you serve them, meatballs are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So next time you are looking for a delicious and easy meal, try baking meatballs in the oven.
Oven-baked meatballs:Course: Blog, Meals
These oven-baked meatballs are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic comfort food. They are juicy and flavorful, and they can be served with a variety of sauces, such as marinara, brown gravy, or barbecue sauce.
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well with your hands, being careful not to overmix.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
- You can add other ingredients to the meatballs, such as chopped vegetables, herbs, or spices.
- If you are using lean ground beef, you may want to add a small amount of breadcrumbs or egg to help bind the meatballs together.
- To prevent the meatballs from sticking to the baking sheet, you can brush the sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- You can also cook the meatballs in a skillet over medium heat until browned on all sides. Then, transfer the meatballs to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Here are some additional tips for cooking meatballs:
- If you are using ground beef, be sure to drain off any excess fat before forming the meatballs. This will help to prevent the meatballs from becoming greasy.
- You can add a variety of ingredients to your meatballs to change up the flavor. Some popular ingredients include bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, herbs, and spices.
- You can also cook meatballs in a slow cooker. To do this, simply brown the meatballs in a skillet over medium heat. Then, place the meatballs in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I hope these tips help you to cook perfect meatballs every time!