Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom SoupCourse: Main, AppetizersDifficulty: Medium
This gluten-free cream of mushroom soup is a delicious and easy-to-make soup that is perfect for a cold winter day. It is made with simple ingredients, and it can be ready in just 30 minutes. This soup is also a great source of protein and fiber, making it a healthy and satisfying meal.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
4 cups gluten-free chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened and browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Serve hot.
- For a richer flavor, use half and half or heavy cream instead of milk.
- Add a splash of white wine to the soup for an extra depth of flavor.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives before serving.
This gluten-free cream of mushroom soup can be served on its own, or it can be used as a base for other dishes, such as grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken pot pie, or macaroni and cheese. It is also a great soup to serve at parties or potlucks.
Here are some other ideas for how to serve this soup:
- Serve with a side of crusty bread or crackers.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!