This recipe is a variation of a traditional slow cooker chicken recipe. The original recipe called for thawed chicken breasts, but this recipe allows you to use frozen chicken breasts, which saves time. The chicken is cooked in a broth mixture with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. The chicken is then shredded and served as desired.
Frozen Chicken in a Crockpot RecipeCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is a great way to cook frozen chicken breasts without having to thaw them first. The chicken cooks slowly in the crockpot, so it is moist and flavorful. The chicken can be shredded and used in a variety of dishes, such as tacos, burritos, salads, or sandwiches.
3 pounds frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, water, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the broth mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and serve as desired.
- You can add other ingredients to the crockpot with the chicken, such as vegetables, rice, or beans.
- If you are short on time, you can cook the chicken on high heat for 4-6 hours.
- The chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.