The French 76 is a cocktail that was first created in the 1920s. It is named after the French 75mm artillery piece, which was a popular weapon during World War I. The cocktail is made with vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup, and it is topped with champagne.
French 76 recipeCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 ounces vodka
3/4 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Lemon twist, for garnish (optional)
- Combine vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, or until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled champagne flute.
- Top with champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist (optional).
- For the best results, use a high-quality vodka.
- Make sure the lemon juice and simple syrup are cold before adding them to the cocktail shaker.
- Use chilled champagne for the best flavor.
- Garnish with a lemon twist for a touch of elegance.