Coconut Milk Overnight OatsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Coconut milk overnight oats are a delicious and healthy breakfast option. They are made with simple ingredients and are quick and easy to prepare. The oats are soaked in coconut milk overnight, which makes them soft and creamy. The maple syrup adds sweetness and the chia seeds add protein and fiber. Coconut milk overnight oats are a great way to start your day!
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, chia seeds, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a jar or small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- In the morning, stir the oats and enjoy!
- You can also add other ingredients to your overnight oats, such as fruit, nuts, or seeds.
- If you don’t have coconut milk, you can substitute almond milk, soy milk, or regular milk.
- Overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Coconut milk overnight oats are delicious served cold or warmed up.
Is overnight oats good for acid reflux?
The short answer is yes, overnight oats can be good for acid reflux. Oatmeal is a low-acid food, and it is also a good source of fiber, which can help to keep you feeling full and prevent you from overeating. Additionally, overnight oats are typically made with milk or yogurt, which can help to neutralize stomach acid.
However, it is important to note that not everyone with acid reflux will react the same way to overnight oats. If you find that overnight oats trigger your acid reflux, you may want to try a different breakfast option.
Are overnight oats healthy for you?
The short answer is yes, overnight oats can be a healthy breakfast option. Oatmeal is a whole grain, which means that it is a good source of fiber and nutrients. Overnight oats are typically made with milk or yogurt, which can add additional protein and calcium. You can also add other healthy ingredients to overnight oats, such as fruits, nuts, and seeds.
Is it OK to soak oats overnight in milk?
The short answer is yes, it is perfectly safe to soak oats overnight in milk. In fact, this is a great way to make overnight oats, which are a delicious and healthy breakfast option.
When you soak oats in milk, the milk proteins break down and the oats absorb the liquid. This makes the oats soft and creamy, and it also helps to break down the phytic acid in the oats, which can make them more digestible.
Soaking oats overnight in milk also gives the flavors time to meld together. This means that your overnight oats will taste even better than if you just made them in the morning.