Amangiri is a luxury resort located in Canyon Point, Utah. The resort is known for its stunning views of the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and its award-winning cuisine. Amangiri’s pancakes are a popular breakfast item, and they are made with a unique ingredient that gives them a unique flavor: Coca-Cola.
The Coca-Cola pancake recipe was created by Amangiri’s executive chef, Michael White. White was inspired to use Coca-Cola in the pancakes after he tasted a similar recipe in Mexico. He experimented with different ratios of Coca-Cola to other ingredients until he found the perfect combination.
The Coca-Cola pancake recipe is now a signature dish at Amangiri. The pancakes are served with a variety of toppings, including fresh fruit, whipped cream, and maple syrup. They are a popular choice for guests of the resort, and they have been featured in several national publications.
Here is the recipe for Amangiri pancakes:
Amangiri Pancake RecipeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
These pancakes are light and fluffy, with a slightly crispy exterior. The Coca-Cola adds a unique flavor that is both sweet and tangy. They are perfect for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place a small cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and Coca-Cola.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Carefully remove the hot cast iron skillet from the oven and add a small amount of butter or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into the hot skillet for each pancake.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the pancakes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
- For the best results, use buttermilk that is at least 2 days old.
- If you don’t have Coca-Cola, you can substitute another carbonated beverage, such as Sprite or 7UP.
- To make a simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Drizzle over the pancakes for a sweet treat.