Agua de piña is believed to have originated in Mexico. The pineapple is a native of Mexico, and it has been used in Mexican cuisine for centuries. Agua de piña was first brought to the United States by Mexican immigrants.
Agua de PiñaCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Agua de piña is a refreshing and delicious drink that is perfect for a hot day. It is made with pineapple, water, and sugar. The pineapple is blended until smooth and then the mixture is chilled and served over ice. Agua de piña is a popular drink in Mexico and Central America, and it is becoming increasingly popular in the United States.
1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped
4 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
Ice cubes, for serving
- Place the pineapple chunks in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the water and sugar to the blender and blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve over ice.
- For a sweeter agua de piña, add more sugar.
- You can also add other fruits to the agua de piña, such as watermelon, mango, or cantaloupe.
- To make the agua de piña ahead of time, prepare the agua de piña as directed and then store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to serve, pour the agua de piña over ice.